Radlett music club show pluck
HARPIST Victoria Davies and oboe player James Turnbull are putting on the next concert for Radlett Music Club. They are appearing at The Karl Konig Hall at Delrow Community in Summerhouse Lane, Patchetts Green, from 8pm next Thursday, March 26. They will
HARPIST Victoria Davies and oboe player James Turnbull are putting on the next concert for Radlett Music Club.
They are appearing at The Karl Konig Hall at Delrow Community in Summerhouse Lane, Patchetts Green, from 8pm next Thursday, March 26.
They will be playing selected works by Bach, Britten, Pasculli, Berkeley and Piazzolla.
Victoria Davies studied harp at the Royal College of Music Junior Department and at the Royal Academy of Music and in 2002 she was principal harp of the National Youth Orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
She has performed live on the BBC Radio Three programme In Tune and on Howard Goodall's BBC Radio 2 programme.
James began playing oboe at the age of seven before studying at the Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama and the Junior Academy of Music. In 2005 he graduated with first-class honours in music from Christ Church, Oxford.
- 1 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 2 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
As a soloist he has also performed on In Tune and the BBC TV programme Songs of Praise. He currently freelances with orchestras abroad.
Admission to the concert is �6 at the door and it is free to students.