Radlett music club show pluck
HARPIST Victoria Davies and oboe player James Turnbull are putting on the next concert for Radlett Music Club. They are appearing at The Karl Konig Hall at Delrow Community in Summerhouse Lane, Patchetts Green, from 8pm next Thursday, March 26. They will
HARPIST Victoria Davies and oboe player James Turnbull are putting on the next concert for Radlett Music Club.
They are appearing at The Karl Konig Hall at Delrow Community in Summerhouse Lane, Patchetts Green, from 8pm next Thursday, March 26.
They will be playing selected works by Bach, Britten, Pasculli, Berkeley and Piazzolla.
Victoria Davies studied harp at the Royal College of Music Junior Department and at the Royal Academy of Music and in 2002 she was principal harp of the National Youth Orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
She has performed live on the BBC Radio Three programme In Tune and on Howard Goodall's BBC Radio 2 programme.
James began playing oboe at the age of seven before studying at the Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama and the Junior Academy of Music. In 2005 he graduated with first-class honours in music from Christ Church, Oxford.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
As a soloist he has also performed on In Tune and the BBC TV programme Songs of Praise. He currently freelances with orchestras abroad.
Admission to the concert is �6 at the door and it is free to students.