Radlett music club show pluck
HARPIST Victoria Davies and oboe player James Turnbull are putting on the next concert for Radlett Music Club. They are appearing at The Karl Konig Hall at Delrow Community in Summerhouse Lane, Patchetts Green, from 8pm next Thursday, March 26. They will
HARPIST Victoria Davies and oboe player James Turnbull are putting on the next concert for Radlett Music Club.
They are appearing at The Karl Konig Hall at Delrow Community in Summerhouse Lane, Patchetts Green, from 8pm next Thursday, March 26.
They will be playing selected works by Bach, Britten, Pasculli, Berkeley and Piazzolla.
Victoria Davies studied harp at the Royal College of Music Junior Department and at the Royal Academy of Music and in 2002 she was principal harp of the National Youth Orchestra.
She has performed live on the BBC Radio Three programme In Tune and on Howard Goodall's BBC Radio 2 programme.
James began playing oboe at the age of seven before studying at the Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama and the Junior Academy of Music. In 2005 he graduated with first-class honours in music from Christ Church, Oxford.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 5 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 6 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
- 7 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 8 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 9 Drug dealer hid in child's playhouse to evade arrest in Harpenden
- 10 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
As a soloist he has also performed on In Tune and the BBC TV programme Songs of Praise. He currently freelances with orchestras abroad.
Admission to the concert is �6 at the door and it is free to students.