Radlett Light Operatic Society staging Crazy for You
GERSHWIN favourite and a perfect example of the big American musical, Crazy for You, is being performed by Radlett Light Operatic Society (RLOS) next week.
The adventures of a stage-struck New York City playboy in a Nevada mining town which won three Tony awards and is filled with high-energy singing and dancing, is being performed at the Radlett Centre from next Tuesday, May 15, until Saturday, May 19.
The show is the story of Bobby Child, a well-to-do 1930s playboy whose dream in life is to dance. Despite the serious efforts of his mother and soon-to-be ex-fianc�e, he achieves his dream.
Among the memorable Gershwin tunes the show contains are I Got Rhythm, They Can’t Take That Away from Me, But Not for Me, Nice Work if You Can Get It, Embraceable You and Someone to Watch Over Me.
Bobby is played by Cameron Neale making his RLOS debut and Bethan Rufey, last seen as the rather more reserved Sarah Brown in Guys and Dolls, returns as Polly Baker.
You may also want to watch:
Iain Fowles directs the show and the musical director is Graham Thomson with choreographer Gisele Yoh-Fowles.
Performances start at 7.45pm with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm and ticket prices range from �14 to �16 with concessions available.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
They can be obtained from the Radlett Centre Box Office on 01923 859291 or online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk