Radlett Light Operatic Society staging Crazy for You
GERSHWIN favourite and a perfect example of the big American musical, Crazy for You, is being performed by Radlett Light Operatic Society (RLOS) next week.
The adventures of a stage-struck New York City playboy in a Nevada mining town which won three Tony awards and is filled with high-energy singing and dancing, is being performed at the Radlett Centre from next Tuesday, May 15, until Saturday, May 19.
The show is the story of Bobby Child, a well-to-do 1930s playboy whose dream in life is to dance. Despite the serious efforts of his mother and soon-to-be ex-fianc�e, he achieves his dream.
Among the memorable Gershwin tunes the show contains are I Got Rhythm, They Can’t Take That Away from Me, But Not for Me, Nice Work if You Can Get It, Embraceable You and Someone to Watch Over Me.
Bobby is played by Cameron Neale making his RLOS debut and Bethan Rufey, last seen as the rather more reserved Sarah Brown in Guys and Dolls, returns as Polly Baker.
You may also want to watch:
Iain Fowles directs the show and the musical director is Graham Thomson with choreographer Gisele Yoh-Fowles.
Performances start at 7.45pm with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm and ticket prices range from �14 to �16 with concessions available.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
They can be obtained from the Radlett Centre Box Office on 01923 859291 or online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk