Radlett duo Red is Blonde in line for TeenStar talent competition
- Credit: Archant
SINGER-songwriters, Red Is Blonde, are through to the regional finals of a teen music competition to be held later this month.
Red is Blonde comprises Hollie Berman, who lives in Bushey, and Livi Fullman of Radlett, both aged 15, who have always sung together musically.
A few months ago they decided to take their singing further and set up a youtube channel where they aimed to put their unique stamp on song covers.
When it started to get a good response, they decided to audition for the TeenStar music competition and are now through to the regional finals at Dingwalls, Camden Lock, on April 21.
TeenStar is a new, national talent competition which is searching for the UK’s best teen and pre-teen singers, singer/songwriters, rappers and vocalists.
You may also want to watch:
It has been created and presented by Future Music which is behind the Open Mic UK competition which discovered such acts as Birdy and Keane.
If they succeed in the regional finals, the girls will need to get through three additional stages to reach the overall final at the O2 Arena.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Both Hollie and Livi write songs and are self taught on guitar and piano. They named their band after their hair colour – Livi is a redhead and Hollie has blonde ends in her hair.
Red Is Blonde can be found at www.youtube.com/redisblonde.