Radlett duo Red is Blonde in line for TeenStar talent competition
- Credit: Archant
SINGER-songwriters, Red Is Blonde, are through to the regional finals of a teen music competition to be held later this month.
Red is Blonde comprises Hollie Berman, who lives in Bushey, and Livi Fullman of Radlett, both aged 15, who have always sung together musically.
A few months ago they decided to take their singing further and set up a youtube channel where they aimed to put their unique stamp on song covers.
When it started to get a good response, they decided to audition for the TeenStar music competition and are now through to the regional finals at Dingwalls, Camden Lock, on April 21.
TeenStar is a new, national talent competition which is searching for the UK’s best teen and pre-teen singers, singer/songwriters, rappers and vocalists.
It has been created and presented by Future Music which is behind the Open Mic UK competition which discovered such acts as Birdy and Keane.
If they succeed in the regional finals, the girls will need to get through three additional stages to reach the overall final at the O2 Arena.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 6 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
Both Hollie and Livi write songs and are self taught on guitar and piano. They named their band after their hair colour – Livi is a redhead and Hollie has blonde ends in her hair.
Red Is Blonde can be found at www.youtube.com/redisblonde.