Jack’s starring role in Radlett pantomime Beauty and the Beast
- Credit: The Radlett Centre
A professional actor and Radlett resident will star in the town’s Christmas pantomime.
Jack Reitman will take on the lead role of ‘The Beast’ in this year’s panto Beauty and the Beast at The Radlett Centre.
A former Radlett Preparatory School pupil, Jack performed many times at The Radlett Centre whilst at school.
He said: “I’m absolutely overjoyed to be taking on the role of ‘The Beast’ in this year’s pantomime at The Radlett Centre.
“Having grown up and lived in Radlett all of my life, the chance to perform professionally at my local theatre and spread the magic of pantomime within the local community is a dream come true.
You may also want to watch:
“It feels like everything has come full circle and I can’t wait to get started.”
The panto is produced by Upstage Productions.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Director and producer Victoria Ward said: “We auditioned many professional actors for the role of ‘The Beast’ during the summer, but Jack stood out head and shoulders above the rest and we are thrilled he accepted the part.
“It wasn’t until Jack was cast that we discovered he was from Radlett.
“It really is a tale of a local boy done good.”
Jack will join Richard Brindley as Lazy Louis, Cornelius Clarke as Squire Percival, Emily Day as Beauty, Daniel Forrester as Hugo, Marc Kelly as Dame Dotty, Stephanie Lyse as Fairy Frostbite and Alice Mills as Milly in the cast.
The panto opens on Saturday, December 9 and runs until Sunday, December 31. Performances times vary.
Tickets are priced £17.50 to £21. Family tickets are also available.
• Call the box office on 01923 859291 or book online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk