Jack’s starring role in Radlett pantomime Beauty and the Beast
- Credit: The Radlett Centre
A professional actor and Radlett resident will star in the town’s Christmas pantomime.
Jack Reitman will take on the lead role of ‘The Beast’ in this year’s panto Beauty and the Beast at The Radlett Centre.
A former Radlett Preparatory School pupil, Jack performed many times at The Radlett Centre whilst at school.
He said: “I’m absolutely overjoyed to be taking on the role of ‘The Beast’ in this year’s pantomime at The Radlett Centre.
“Having grown up and lived in Radlett all of my life, the chance to perform professionally at my local theatre and spread the magic of pantomime within the local community is a dream come true.
“It feels like everything has come full circle and I can’t wait to get started.”
The panto is produced by Upstage Productions.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
Director and producer Victoria Ward said: “We auditioned many professional actors for the role of ‘The Beast’ during the summer, but Jack stood out head and shoulders above the rest and we are thrilled he accepted the part.
“It wasn’t until Jack was cast that we discovered he was from Radlett.
“It really is a tale of a local boy done good.”
Jack will join Richard Brindley as Lazy Louis, Cornelius Clarke as Squire Percival, Emily Day as Beauty, Daniel Forrester as Hugo, Marc Kelly as Dame Dotty, Stephanie Lyse as Fairy Frostbite and Alice Mills as Milly in the cast.
The panto opens on Saturday, December 9 and runs until Sunday, December 31. Performances times vary.
Tickets are priced £17.50 to £21. Family tickets are also available.
• Call the box office on 01923 859291 or book online at www.radlettcentre.co.uk