Radlett Centre cottons on
HOT Feet of Harlem will be coming to The Radlett Centre on a cold January night next Saturday, January 29.
Vocalist Tony Jacobs together with Harry Strutter’s Hot Rhythm Orchestra will be putting on Harlem Hot Feet – A Night at the Cotton Club with the Jiving Lindy Hoppers from 7.30pm.
The Cotton Club Revue is an action-packed show which celebrates the music, dance and songs of the Cotton Club, the famous nightclub which flourished in New York’s Harlem in the 1920s and 1930s.
All the top performers of the Jazz Age appeared there including Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Lena Horne and Bojangles Robinson.
The Jiving Lindy Hoppers recreate the exciting dance routines with the orchestra communicating the exuberance of the music of that era and Tony Jacobs paying tribute to the great singers who appeared at the club.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �18.50 with concessions �17.50, available from the box office on 01923 859291 or go to www.radlettcentre.co.uk
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor