Radlett Centre cottons on
HOT Feet of Harlem will be coming to The Radlett Centre on a cold January night next Saturday, January 29.
Vocalist Tony Jacobs together with Harry Strutter’s Hot Rhythm Orchestra will be putting on Harlem Hot Feet – A Night at the Cotton Club with the Jiving Lindy Hoppers from 7.30pm.
The Cotton Club Revue is an action-packed show which celebrates the music, dance and songs of the Cotton Club, the famous nightclub which flourished in New York’s Harlem in the 1920s and 1930s.
All the top performers of the Jazz Age appeared there including Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Lena Horne and Bojangles Robinson.
The Jiving Lindy Hoppers recreate the exciting dance routines with the orchestra communicating the exuberance of the music of that era and Tony Jacobs paying tribute to the great singers who appeared at the club.
Tickets are �18.50 with concessions �17.50, available from the box office on 01923 859291 or go to www.radlettcentre.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time