Radlett Centre cottons on
HOT Feet of Harlem will be coming to The Radlett Centre on a cold January night next Saturday, January 29.
Vocalist Tony Jacobs together with Harry Strutter’s Hot Rhythm Orchestra will be putting on Harlem Hot Feet – A Night at the Cotton Club with the Jiving Lindy Hoppers from 7.30pm.
The Cotton Club Revue is an action-packed show which celebrates the music, dance and songs of the Cotton Club, the famous nightclub which flourished in New York’s Harlem in the 1920s and 1930s.
All the top performers of the Jazz Age appeared there including Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Lena Horne and Bojangles Robinson.
The Jiving Lindy Hoppers recreate the exciting dance routines with the orchestra communicating the exuberance of the music of that era and Tony Jacobs paying tribute to the great singers who appeared at the club.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �18.50 with concessions �17.50, available from the box office on 01923 859291 or go to www.radlettcentre.co.uk
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 8 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book