Radlett artist's work sets sail with P&O
ARTIST Niki Gorick will be contributing to a 6,000-piece modern art collection to adorn a new superliner which is being build for the British market. Niki, who comes from Radlett, has been commissioned by P&O Cruises to create 15 photographic artworks to
ARTIST Niki Gorick will be contributing to a 6,000-piece modern art collection to adorn a new superliner which is being build for the British market.
Niki, who comes from Radlett, has been commissioned by P&O Cruises to create 15 photographic artworks to display on board the liner Azura.
Her work has previously been commissioned by the City of London Corporation for the 25th anniversary of the Barbican Centre and she has been invited to create a gallery of London photographs for Visit Britain's image library.
She said: "I was excited by the challenge of creating 15 different groupings of my London photographs. As a photographer fascinated with London for many years, I capture the interaction between its uniquely varied cityscape and the life of Londoners, 21st-Century style, that whirls around, through and across it every day."
You may also want to watch:
Azura launches in April this year and P& O Cruises managing director Carol Marlow said: "The art has a major role to play in entertaining our guests and creating a visually stimulating environment.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall