Radlett artist's work sets sail with P&O
ARTIST Niki Gorick will be contributing to a 6,000-piece modern art collection to adorn a new superliner which is being build for the British market. Niki, who comes from Radlett, has been commissioned by P&O Cruises to create 15 photographic artworks to
ARTIST Niki Gorick will be contributing to a 6,000-piece modern art collection to adorn a new superliner which is being build for the British market.
Niki, who comes from Radlett, has been commissioned by P&O Cruises to create 15 photographic artworks to display on board the liner Azura.
Her work has previously been commissioned by the City of London Corporation for the 25th anniversary of the Barbican Centre and she has been invited to create a gallery of London photographs for Visit Britain's image library.
She said: "I was excited by the challenge of creating 15 different groupings of my London photographs. As a photographer fascinated with London for many years, I capture the interaction between its uniquely varied cityscape and the life of Londoners, 21st-Century style, that whirls around, through and across it every day."
You may also want to watch:
Azura launches in April this year and P& O Cruises managing director Carol Marlow said: "The art has a major role to play in entertaining our guests and creating a visually stimulating environment.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner