Prima Voce and Lincoln at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
PRIMA VOCE, a group of world-class singers, are bringing Vienna to Broadway at the Alban Arena next Saturday, June 22.
They play opera and operetta in a concert format and their artistic director is international baritone John Morgan.
After great success in Europe, they are back this summer with a diverse programme of famous musical gems from Mozart, Lehar and Strauss, Offenbach, Gershwin and Bernstein to the songs from West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables.
The concert, which starts at 7.30pm, is in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society and Dementia UK (Supporting Admiral Nurses).
Tickets are £22.50, £18.50 and £15, available from the Arena box office 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
n Historical epic Lincoln, starring Oscar-winning Daniel Day-Lewis, is being screened at the Arena next week.
Directed and produced by Steven Spielberg, Lincoln focuses on the 16th President’s tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, Lincoln pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
With moral courage and a fierce determination to succeed, his choices will change the fate of generations to come.
Lincoln can be seen at 7.30pm from next Tuesday, June 18 to Thursday, June 20, with a matinee at 1.30pm on Wednesday, June 19.
Tickets for matinees are £5 and for evenings they are £7 or £5 for concessions.