Prima Voce and Lincoln at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
PRIMA VOCE, a group of world-class singers, are bringing Vienna to Broadway at the Alban Arena next Saturday, June 22.
They play opera and operetta in a concert format and their artistic director is international baritone John Morgan.
After great success in Europe, they are back this summer with a diverse programme of famous musical gems from Mozart, Lehar and Strauss, Offenbach, Gershwin and Bernstein to the songs from West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables.
The concert, which starts at 7.30pm, is in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society and Dementia UK (Supporting Admiral Nurses).
Tickets are £22.50, £18.50 and £15, available from the Arena box office 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
n Historical epic Lincoln, starring Oscar-winning Daniel Day-Lewis, is being screened at the Arena next week.
Directed and produced by Steven Spielberg, Lincoln focuses on the 16th President’s tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, Lincoln pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
With moral courage and a fierce determination to succeed, his choices will change the fate of generations to come.
Lincoln can be seen at 7.30pm from next Tuesday, June 18 to Thursday, June 20, with a matinee at 1.30pm on Wednesday, June 19.
Tickets for matinees are £5 and for evenings they are £7 or £5 for concessions.