Premiere at Abbey Theatre, St Albans
A NEW comedy from local writer Brian Stewart is receiving its world premiere at the Abbey Theatre Studio in St Albans next week.
Katalyst Productions are performing On the Tin at 8pm from Wednesday, May 30, to Saturday, June 2, a play which demonstrates that at work, at play or even at home, relationships in all their forms are a central theme in everyone’s life.
A comic tale detailing the troubles facing a failing theatre and the committee that runs it, the play centres on Dennis, a founding member and long-time artistic director who has distinct and set ideas abut the future direction of the theatre.
But falling audiences lead other committee members to question his methods and in order to placate the growing unrest, he recruits Steven, a new young member, to inject some fresh ideas.
He rapidly realises however he has a viper in the nest, as Steven attempts to oust Dennis from the position which has become his life.
You may also want to watch:
The whole story spirals towards a final showdown between the old school and the new.
Brian Stewart is a published playwright and his political satire, Castro’s Beard, was performed originally in the US followed by a UK tour. Several of his other works have been performed professionally including Webbed Feat, a comedy about internet adultery, and Marilyn#81128, a play about the events surrounding the death of the the screen icon Marilyn Monroe.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Award-winning community theatre group Katalyst Productions are showcasing On the Tin and have entered the production in the 2012 Barnet Drama Festival.
Tickets are available from the box office at the Abbey Theatre 01727 857861 or www.abbeytheatre2.org.uk