Dig in at annual Potato Shindig at Willows Activity Farm
- Credit: Supplied by Willows
Grab your shovel and get digging at Willows Activity Farm this September when this year’s Potato Shindig gets under way.
The annual event kicks off next week at the London Colney farm attraction, which is set in the Hertfordshire countryside just off Junction 22 of the M25.
There are more than 20 tonnes of potatoes waiting to be harvested between September 2 and September 29 - that's the equivalent of five-and-a-half hippos!
Keen harvesters can fill up their own bag of Picasso potatoes from the growing patch to take home.
There's something for all the family at the annual event, including potato arts and crafts in the Busy Bee Marquee, so be prepared to have a spud-tastic time this autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin McIlmurray, general manager at Willows Activity Farm, said: "The Potato Shindig is one of the favourite and best received annual events in the Willows Activity Farm calendar.
"It's a fantastic way to teach the kids where their food comes from."
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
He added: "It's also a nice treat for the parents too, who get the satisfaction of being able to cook with potatoes straight from the farm to plate!"
Alongside these activities you can find Mrs Rabbit, Peter Rabbit and Lily Bobtail hosting their fantastic shows in the farm's outdoor theatre.
Don't forget Peter and Friends will also be available for meet and greets throughout the Potato Shindig.
You might even spot Mrs Rabbit inside her recently unveiled café, Mrs Rabbit's Kitchen.
Visitors to Willows will also be able to see their favourite residents and experience all sorts of fun activities including Peter Rabbit's Adventure Playground, indoor soft play and Cotton-tail Village, for pre-schooler role play fun.
The Potato Shindig event at Willows Activity Farm will begin on Monday, September 2, 2019.
All activities are included in the price, and discounted advance tickets are available online.
For more information go to www.willowsactivityfarm.com