Pop princess Michelle joins pantomime cast
- Credit: Archant
TV presenter and pop princess, Michelle Heaton, who sprang to fame with Liberty X, is playing Aladdin in the Harpenden Public Halls pantomime this Christmas.
Michelle is no stranger to performing on stage with Liberty X and more recently has moved into TV, presenting and appearing on programmes such as The Lorraine Show, Loose Women, Celebrity Big Brother and the first series of the Big Reunion,
Most recently Michelle has also turned her hand to radio, presenting on Heart FM North East in her native Newcastle.
She said “I am delighted to be playing Aladdin in Harpenden this Christmas. It’s a lovely town and the people seem really nice.
“Aladdin is going to be a fab panto and I’m really looking forward to it.”
Aladdin runs from Friday, December 11, to Tuesday, December 22, and also stars EastEnders original Peter Dean who played Pete Beale in the BBC soap for many years.
Michelle and Peter are joined on stage by BBC Three Counties Radio’s Ernie Almond, local singer Sophie Massie and Harpenden panto favourite Chris Law.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 3 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Cash stolen from parked car on Harpenden Road in St Albans
St Albans-based actor Simon Nicholas is donning a frock to play panto dame Widow Twankey.
Tickets are available from the box office today on 01582 767 525 or visit www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk