Pinter’s Old Times for Wheathampstead Dramatic Society
- Credit: Archant
After 67 years in existence, Wheathampstead Dramatic Society has scored a first with its next production.
For the first time the society is staging a play by Harold Pinter and will be performing his classic Old Times at the Memorial Hall in Marford Road from next Thursday, February 13, until Saturday, February 15.
Director Robin Langer said: “Nowhere is silence as intriguing and as powerful as it is in the plays of Harold Pinter. In Old Times the seductiveness of silence is embodied in Kate, revealing only minimal information about herself bit by tantalising bit.”
The play is set in a coastal farmhouse in the early 1970s and mixes realistic drama with more absurd elements. Kate and her husband Deeley are visited by Anna, Kate’s sole friend, whom she hasn’t seen for 20 years.
Robin added: “What results is a play of memory, music, moodiness and sexual camaraderie; not so much a ‘whodunnit’ as a ‘what happened’?”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £8 and are available from the Manor Pharmacy, Wheathampstead and Harpenden, by phoning 01582 621357 or online at wheathampsteaddramaticsociety.co.uk
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall