Picasso and more at St Albans’ Gallery Rouge
ORIGINAL lithographs, etchings and drawings by iconic French artists are going on display in a St Albans gallery for a week from this Saturday, May 7.
Gallery Rouge in Chequer Street, St Albans, is showcasing the work of the artists who include Picasso, Chagall, Dali and Matisse.
The collection of works exhibited by Picasso – regarded as one of the most important artists of all time – will include the signed drawing Tete de Faune dating from 1955 which has been authenticated by the artist’s elder daughter Maya Picasso.
Also on display will be a signed lithograph by Matisse from the Dix Danseurs series depicting a young ballet protege in repose after practice and a striking original colour lithograph by Dali which illustrates a rider taking command of his eager stallion.
In addition there will be three pieces by impressionist artists Renoir and Cezanne as well as a fine original drawing by Braque among the 30 works to be presented.
You may also want to watch:
Prices for the works range from �700 to �20,000 and the exhibition, entitled Picasso and the School of Paris, runs until next Friday, May 13.
Further information can be obtained by calling 01727 860401 or email email@example.com
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans