Picasso and more at St Albans’ Gallery Rouge
ORIGINAL lithographs, etchings and drawings by iconic French artists are going on display in a St Albans gallery for a week from this Saturday, May 7.
Gallery Rouge in Chequer Street, St Albans, is showcasing the work of the artists who include Picasso, Chagall, Dali and Matisse.
The collection of works exhibited by Picasso – regarded as one of the most important artists of all time – will include the signed drawing Tete de Faune dating from 1955 which has been authenticated by the artist’s elder daughter Maya Picasso.
Also on display will be a signed lithograph by Matisse from the Dix Danseurs series depicting a young ballet protege in repose after practice and a striking original colour lithograph by Dali which illustrates a rider taking command of his eager stallion.
In addition there will be three pieces by impressionist artists Renoir and Cezanne as well as a fine original drawing by Braque among the 30 works to be presented.
You may also want to watch:
Prices for the works range from �700 to �20,000 and the exhibition, entitled Picasso and the School of Paris, runs until next Friday, May 13.
Further information can be obtained by calling 01727 860401 or email email@example.com
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans