Piano duo mark 20 years at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
PIANO duo Isabel Beyer and Harvey Dagul will be celebrating 20 years as lunchtime performers at the Maltings Arts Theatre next Wednesday, December 8.
When the new Yamaha grand piano was installed at the St Albans theatre, they were among the first to use it as a concert hall and they have given around 100 concerts there since then.
Their programme will include old favourite duets by Schumann and Schubert and two exciting new works a – a set of variations on a familiar theme of Paganini by young German composer Oliver Kolb and a work by young English composer Edmund Jolliffe featuring Latin American and English styles.
The programme for the concert, which starts at 1pm, includes solos by Debussy, Albeniz, Hindemith and Prokofiev and admission is �4.
Teacher turned comedian Kevin Precious comes to the arts theatre next Saturday, December 11.
Having completed a successful run of well-attended shows at the Brighton Fringe followed by the Camden Fringe, former teacher Kevin is on the road with his stand-up show about the profession entitled Not Appropriate.
Not Appropriate is the most overused term of disapproval in the teacher’s canon and Kevin uses it to explore his former life as a teacher in a show where parts are likely to be “not appropriate.”
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 8 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 9 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 10 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
He comes on stage at 8pm and tickets are �10, available from the box office on 01727 844422.