Pianist Sebastian Stanley appearing with Herts Philharmonia
- Credit: Archant
MAKING his fourth appearance with Herts Philharmonia next Saturday, February 16, will be Sebastian Stanley who is performing Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 1.
The concert is being held at 7.30pm at St Saviour’s Church in Sandpit Lane, St Albans.
Obtaining a distinction in his post-graduate diploma (PGDip) from the Royal College of Music in 2008, Sebastian has developed a following with recitals for local music clubs and other solo appearances in churches and halls throughout the British Isles.
He also has a busy teaching commitment, records Spanish piano music and plays on board P&O cruises.
Sebastian has been described by the international pianist John Lill as having, “exquisite sensitivity and a deeply expressive playing”.
You may also want to watch:
Bjorn Bantock will conduct the orchestra in a concert which will also include Beethoven’s Leonore Overture No.1 and Brahms’ Symphony No.1.
Tickets are available from the website www.hertsphil.org.uk, the Tourist Information Office, Market Place, St Albans, and All about St. Albans website.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development