Pianist Sebastian Stanley appearing with Herts Philharmonia
- Credit: Archant
MAKING his fourth appearance with Herts Philharmonia next Saturday, February 16, will be Sebastian Stanley who is performing Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 1.
The concert is being held at 7.30pm at St Saviour’s Church in Sandpit Lane, St Albans.
Obtaining a distinction in his post-graduate diploma (PGDip) from the Royal College of Music in 2008, Sebastian has developed a following with recitals for local music clubs and other solo appearances in churches and halls throughout the British Isles.
He also has a busy teaching commitment, records Spanish piano music and plays on board P&O cruises.
Sebastian has been described by the international pianist John Lill as having, “exquisite sensitivity and a deeply expressive playing”.
You may also want to watch:
Bjorn Bantock will conduct the orchestra in a concert which will also include Beethoven’s Leonore Overture No.1 and Brahms’ Symphony No.1.
Tickets are available from the website www.hertsphil.org.uk, the Tourist Information Office, Market Place, St Albans, and All about St. Albans website.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space