Talented pianist described 'brilliant' by Prince Charles to perform at St Albans church
- Credit: Supplied by St Peter's Church
A pianist who has performed in front of Prince Charles will take centre stage at the final free lunchtime concert of the summer at a St Albans church.
Mitra Alice Tham will be performing at St Peter's Church on Wednesday, July 14.
This is the last concert of the summer and the recitals will restart on September 8.
Mitra's programme will include Mozart's Sonata in E flat K282 and Grieg's Holberg Suite Op.40. She will also partner Alice Chua in a medley of piano duets.
Originally from Malaysia, Mitra’s first public performance was at the age of three and she made her international debut aged eight in Japan.
She has since won many prizes at international competitions and her performances in Asia, Europe, United States and Great Britain include solo, chamber music and concerto concerts.
HRH The Prince of Wales described one of her performances as "brilliant and excellent".
Mitra's concert at St Peter's starts at 1pm. To register to attend, visit www.stpeterschurch.uk.com/lunchtime-concerts
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans