Pianist Julian at St Albans church
AN EVENING piano recital by Julian Cable is being held next Saturday evening, June 27, at St Peter s Church in St Albans. Julian is putting on the recital to raise money for a week-long concert tour the combined church choirs at St Peter s will be making
AN EVENING piano recital by Julian Cable is being held next Saturday evening, June 27, at St Peter's Church in St Albans.
Julian is putting on the recital to raise money for a week-long concert tour the combined church choirs at St Peter's will be making to Berlin at the end of July.
A child prodigy who started learning the piano at the age of three, Julian gained first prize in the Composition Challenge 1987 and was awarded the runners-up prize in the Bach Choir Carol Competition.
He subsequently studied harmony and composition privately at the Royal Academy of Music before going on to read music at Selwyn College, Cambridge, where he won the college prize for musical performance as well as academic scholarships as a result of gaining two Firsts.
You may also want to watch:
A regular choir member and occasional organist at St Peter's Church, Julian has an active schedule, both as a soloist and performing with others. He has been the soloist in Schumann's Piano Concerto in A Minor in London and in March this year he performed Beethoven's Diabelli Variations at a piano masterclass in London.
Julian has written a number of pieces for St Peter's choir and also sings on an occasional basis with the Collegiate Singers in London
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
For the concert, which starts at 8pm, he will be playing works by Haydn, Liszt, Wagner, Mendelssohn and Beethoven on the church's Bosendorfer piano.
Tickets are �10 with concessions �5 for under-18s, available in advance from the church on 01727 855485 or on the door.