Pianist Ashley Wass at Radlett Music Club
PIANIST Ashley Wass will be appearing at the next Radlett Music Club recital next Wednesday, November 30.
Described by Gramophone Magazine as, “a thoroughbred who possesses the enviable gift to turn almost anything he plays into pure gold”, he is established as one of the leading performers of his generation.
Only the second British pianist in 20 years to reach the final of the Leeds Piano Competition, he is also the only British pianist to have won first prize at the London International Piano Competition.
As well as performing as a solo artist, Ashley is much in demand as a chamber musician and in 2007 toured the USA with violinist Sarah Chang.
His programme at the recital at the Radlett Centre includes works by Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Bach-Busoni, Liszt and Barber.
You may also want to watch:
The evening gets underway at 8pm and tickets are �13, available from the box office on 01923 859291 or www.radlettcentre.co.uk. Admission for young people aged eight to 25 years is free.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25