Pianist Ashley Wass at Radlett Music Club
PIANIST Ashley Wass will be appearing at the next Radlett Music Club recital next Wednesday, November 30.
Described by Gramophone Magazine as, “a thoroughbred who possesses the enviable gift to turn almost anything he plays into pure gold”, he is established as one of the leading performers of his generation.
Only the second British pianist in 20 years to reach the final of the Leeds Piano Competition, he is also the only British pianist to have won first prize at the London International Piano Competition.
As well as performing as a solo artist, Ashley is much in demand as a chamber musician and in 2007 toured the USA with violinist Sarah Chang.
His programme at the recital at the Radlett Centre includes works by Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Bach-Busoni, Liszt and Barber.
You may also want to watch:
The evening gets underway at 8pm and tickets are �13, available from the box office on 01923 859291 or www.radlettcentre.co.uk. Admission for young people aged eight to 25 years is free.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans