Pianist Ashley Wass at Radlett Music Club
PIANIST Ashley Wass will be appearing at the next Radlett Music Club recital next Wednesday, November 30.
Described by Gramophone Magazine as, “a thoroughbred who possesses the enviable gift to turn almost anything he plays into pure gold”, he is established as one of the leading performers of his generation.
Only the second British pianist in 20 years to reach the final of the Leeds Piano Competition, he is also the only British pianist to have won first prize at the London International Piano Competition.
As well as performing as a solo artist, Ashley is much in demand as a chamber musician and in 2007 toured the USA with violinist Sarah Chang.
His programme at the recital at the Radlett Centre includes works by Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Bach-Busoni, Liszt and Barber.
The evening gets underway at 8pm and tickets are �13, available from the box office on 01923 859291 or www.radlettcentre.co.uk. Admission for young people aged eight to 25 years is free.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school