- Credit: Archant
By Adrian Bird, Bidwells
1 tablespoon olive oil
50g chopped bacon
You may also want to watch:
1 small onion
275ml of red wine
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
275ml of chicken stock
2 tablespoons redcurrant jelly
Place a tablespoon of olive oil in a wok/large saucepan and heat. Add the bacon and onion and lightly fry. Add the pheasant and brown all over. Turn the heat down and add remaining ingredients and leave to simmer for approximately 50 minutes or until the meat easily comes away from the bones. Remove the pheasant from the liquid and strip off all the meat. Return the meat to the liquid and thicken to taste
This can be made in advance and frozen and then reheated in a slow cooker or saucepan.
Serve with sauté potatoes and green beans.
Make me, Eat Me! by Bidwells can be bought from Bidwells St Albans, 45 Grosvenor Road, or online for £10 http://www.bidwells.co.uk/recipe-book/ All proceeds to charity including the Pepper Foundation