Pete's St Patrick's Day return to St Albans
TRAVELLING muso Pete Waters – fresh from Thailand and India – is back in time to play a St Patrick s Day gig at The Garibaldi pub in St Albans. Very much affected by his most recent experience of working with street children in Chennai, Pete is hoping to
TRAVELLING muso Pete Waters - fresh from Thailand and India - is back in time to play a St Patrick's Day gig at The Garibaldi pub in St Albans.
Very much affected by his most recent experience of working with street children in Chennai, Pete is hoping to organise some fundraising to help them.
Pete said: "I was staying with some Christian missionary friends and played on a TV programme for them which was broadcast to six million homes."
Pete will be playing his usual mix of rabble-rousing traditional and "plastic Paddy" tunes between 6pm and 8pm at the Albert Street pub next Wednesday night, March 17.
You may also want to watch:
He will also play the same venue three days later on Saturday, March 20, from 9pm onwards. Admission to both is free.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend