Pete's St Patrick's Day return to St Albans
TRAVELLING muso Pete Waters – fresh from Thailand and India – is back in time to play a St Patrick s Day gig at The Garibaldi pub in St Albans. Very much affected by his most recent experience of working with street children in Chennai, Pete is hoping to
TRAVELLING muso Pete Waters - fresh from Thailand and India - is back in time to play a St Patrick's Day gig at The Garibaldi pub in St Albans.
Very much affected by his most recent experience of working with street children in Chennai, Pete is hoping to organise some fundraising to help them.
Pete said: "I was staying with some Christian missionary friends and played on a TV programme for them which was broadcast to six million homes."
Pete will be playing his usual mix of rabble-rousing traditional and "plastic Paddy" tunes between 6pm and 8pm at the Albert Street pub next Wednesday night, March 17.
You may also want to watch:
He will also play the same venue three days later on Saturday, March 20, from 9pm onwards. Admission to both is free.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images