Pete putting the Boot in in St Albans
KICKING off at The Boot in St Albans on Sunday are The Real Pete Waters Band. Just back from recording in Ireland, local singer songwriter Pete does a rare gig at his local in Market Place starting at 5pm. The Pete Waters band headlined Christiane Kubric
KICKING off at The Boot in St Albans on Sunday are The Real Pete Waters Band.
Just back from recording in Ireland, local singer songwriter Pete does a rare gig at his local in Market Place starting at 5pm.
The Pete Waters band headlined Christiane Kubrick's Childwickbury Arts Fair last year (pictured) and many people were disappointed when they went along hoping to see him perform again this year. Pete said: "Basically they booked someone else called Pete Waters this year. I was at The Fuze festival in St Albans on Sunday and people kept coming up to me who had been at Childwickbury asking where I had been. It was all a bit strange but what can you do?"
Pete will be performing at The Boot along with John Devine on uilleann pipes and whistles, Caz Devine on sax, Dave Morgan on drums, Ruth Tidmarsh on bass and vocals, Helen Flanagan on vocals and Julianne Moylan on fiddle.
You may also want to watch:
According to Pete, the band will be playing, "lots of my own stuff, a few covers and a bit of Irish thrown in.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 9 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 10 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses