Pete Long back at Herts Jazz Club
PETE Long returns to Herts Jazz Club on Sunday after his triumphant appearance at last summer’s jazz festival.
Band leader Pete showcases material composed by pianists from the bebop era including Bud Powell and Thelonious Monk.
Recognised in his own right, he has worked with popular icons ranging from Vinnie Jones to Lionel Riche and The Blind Boys of Alabama to Sting.
Since working with Jools Holland, he has arranged music for Sir Paul McCartney, Chrissie Hynde and Ray Davies.
The famous oboe intro on Handbags and Gladrags by the Stereophonics is Pete’s work.
You may also want to watch:
Joined by a quintet, the gig begins at 7.45pm at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, and tickets are �11 online at www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash