Pete Long back at Herts Jazz Club
PETE Long returns to Herts Jazz Club on Sunday after his triumphant appearance at last summer’s jazz festival.
Band leader Pete showcases material composed by pianists from the bebop era including Bud Powell and Thelonious Monk.
Recognised in his own right, he has worked with popular icons ranging from Vinnie Jones to Lionel Riche and The Blind Boys of Alabama to Sting.
Since working with Jools Holland, he has arranged music for Sir Paul McCartney, Chrissie Hynde and Ray Davies.
The famous oboe intro on Handbags and Gladrags by the Stereophonics is Pete’s work.
You may also want to watch:
Joined by a quintet, the gig begins at 7.45pm at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, and tickets are �11 online at www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests