Pete Coe at Folk at the Maltings, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Multi-talented musician Pete Coe, will be performing at the next Folk at the Maltings series concert next Friday, March 7.
Described by BBC Radio 2 as a ‘one man folk industry’ Pete has been a professional musician since 1971, playing at festivals, concerts, clubs, dances and schools throughout Britain, Europe, Asia, New Zealand and the USA .
During the 1970s he toured and recorded with Chris Coe, was a member of the New Victory Band and together with Nic Jones, Tony Rose and again, Chris Coe, he was a member of Bandoggs.
In the late 1980s and early 1990s he toured and recorded with Red Shift but since 1985 he has mainly worked as a soloist and earned an enviable reputation.
He has a distinctive voice as well as playing the bouzouki, the mountain dulcimer, banjo and the melodeon. He is also a country dance caller, creator and band musician.
You may also want to watch:
At the concert which is being held at 8pm in the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans, support will be provided by New Roots finalists, Broken Boat.
Comprising songwriter Daniel Bahrami, Jerome Maree on drums and multi-instrumentalists Brendan Kearney and Jess Hart, their sound caught the attention of Bob Harris who featured them several times on BBC Radio 2.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
Their growing reputation has led to bookings at a multitude of venues and festivals in the UK and into Europe.
Tickets cost £10, with concessions for students, children and the unwaged at £8. They can be bought on the door or in advance online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 0844 870 0887 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre.