Penguins take to The Horn
- Credit: Archant
There’s a packed bill at The Horn tonight with performances from Tyburn, Ghost Riders in the Sky and The Peter Self Band, plus Foxfield, Smoke City and Revolution.
Tomorrow the Desert Penguins bring a wealth of big pop and modern rock classics from the likes of Britney Spears, Rihanna and Lady Gaga through to the Kings of Leon, Green Day and Blink 182.
Saturday sees the return of Hornfest with another selection of some of the best local bands and solo acts, held in association with Juicebox Live.
Saturday’s line-up costs just £8 in advance or £10 on the door, with acts including Broken Boat, Small Town Heroes, The Mono, The Sonic Jewels, Supernothing, Pulo Revé, Exit Black, Interstellar Airship and Neil Stanton.
The weekend wraps up with the Blue Angel Acoustic Café on Sunday night, a free evening of singer-songwriters in an intimate setting with tables and candles.
You may also want to watch:
And if you’re still standing after a weekend like that, why not pit your wits in the weekly pub quiz on Monday from 8.30pm, £2 to enter?
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End