Peep Show’s Isy Suttie at St Albans comedy club
PEEP Show’s Dobby in the cult Channel Four show with Mitchell and Webb is appearing at Funny First Mondays in St Albans Town Hall next week.
Isy Suttie, who plays David Mitchell’s unlikely love interest, has won endless accolades and awards for her sunny stand-up as well as her acting.
Her northern roots and character-driven comedy make her a highly popular musical comedian and she has been hailed as, “an absurdist Victoria Wood.”
Since being voted the Best Female Newcomer in 2008, she has made numerous radio and TV appearances.
Joining her on Monday night will be David James who joined the London stand-up circuit at the age of 60 and went on to win Best New Act of the Year in 2009 at the Hackney Empire with his world-weary, deadpan delivery.
Since then he has appeared at the Comedy Store and many other top London venues.
Also appearing are Matthew Highton and Andrew Boyle with regular host Mike Manera.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 7 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 8 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 Hospices announce plans to join forces
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
The show begins at 8pm and tickets are �8 via the website www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or on the door on the night.