Peep Show’s Isy Suttie at St Albans comedy club
PEEP Show’s Dobby in the cult Channel Four show with Mitchell and Webb is appearing at Funny First Mondays in St Albans Town Hall next week.
Isy Suttie, who plays David Mitchell’s unlikely love interest, has won endless accolades and awards for her sunny stand-up as well as her acting.
Her northern roots and character-driven comedy make her a highly popular musical comedian and she has been hailed as, “an absurdist Victoria Wood.”
Since being voted the Best Female Newcomer in 2008, she has made numerous radio and TV appearances.
Joining her on Monday night will be David James who joined the London stand-up circuit at the age of 60 and went on to win Best New Act of the Year in 2009 at the Hackney Empire with his world-weary, deadpan delivery.
You may also want to watch:
Since then he has appeared at the Comedy Store and many other top London venues.
Also appearing are Matthew Highton and Andrew Boyle with regular host Mike Manera.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 3 Shortages crisis hits district
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The show begins at 8pm and tickets are �8 via the website www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or on the door on the night.