Paul swaps news for Impro Chums at Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Paul Merton and his Impro Chums return to the Alban Arena next Friday, April 24.
There are still a few tickets available for the show in which the Have I Got News For You star will be joined by Mike McShane, Lee Simpson, Richard Vranch and Sukie Webster.
Paul has taken to the road again following the publication of his autobiography Only When I Laugh and more than a decade of sell-out seasons at The Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
The show starts at 8pm and tickets at £21 with concessions £2 off are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
Also making a return to the Arena next Thursday, April 23, are Eagles tribute act The Illegal Eagles
You may also want to watch:
They have established themselves as a tribute band following a number of critically acclaimed UK and European tours.
The original line-up of Phil Aldridge, Keith Atack, Jeff Green and Darin Murphy has been joined by Garreth Hicklin and Greg Webb for a show which features all the classics.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
The performance begins at 8pm and tickets are £24.50 and £22.50.
* A film sequel which has received almost as much critical acclaim as the 2011 original is being shown at the Arena next Tuesday and Wednesday, April 21 and 22.
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel follows Sonny (Dav Patel) and his expansionist dream for another hotel for the Elderly and Beautiful. With only one single vacancy left in his first venture and several new arrivals, Sonny has his eye on a promising new property.
Evelyn and Douglas (Judi Dench and Bill Nighy) have now joined the Jaipur workforce and Norman and Carol (Ronald Pickup and Diana Hardcastle) have to negotiate the tricky waters of an exclusive relationship while Madge (Celia Imrie) juggles two eligible and very wealthy bachelors.
As the demands of a traditional Indian wedding threaten to engulf them all, an unexpected way forward presents itself.
Performances are at 7.30pm both evenings and there is also a Wednesday matinee at 1.30pm.
Tickets for matinees are £5 and for evenings they are £7 or £5 concessions.