Paul Booth Quartet at Herts Jazz Club
THE Paul Booth Quartet are playing the Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
Having released three solo albums to date, Paul Booth has firmly established himself as an in-demand solo artist, as well as a ‘first call’ sideman for many big names in both jazz and popular music worlds.
In his early years, while studying at the Royal Academy of Music, he won many awards including the prestigious Clifford Brown/Stan Getz fellowship held in Miami, The Best Modern Jazz Player category in the televised Young Jazz Player of the Year competition and many more.
He is currently in the Steve Winwood band and can be seen touring with Basia, the BBC Big Band and the Michael Janisch Quintet as well as performing worldwide with the likes of Carlos Santana and Eric Clapton.
The quartet also comprises Phil Robson on guitar, organist Ross Stanley and drummer James Maddren.
You may also want to watch:
The evening at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.45pm and tickets are �11 online http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans