Paul Booth Quartet at Herts Jazz Club
THE Paul Booth Quartet are playing the Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
Having released three solo albums to date, Paul Booth has firmly established himself as an in-demand solo artist, as well as a ‘first call’ sideman for many big names in both jazz and popular music worlds.
In his early years, while studying at the Royal Academy of Music, he won many awards including the prestigious Clifford Brown/Stan Getz fellowship held in Miami, The Best Modern Jazz Player category in the televised Young Jazz Player of the Year competition and many more.
He is currently in the Steve Winwood band and can be seen touring with Basia, the BBC Big Band and the Michael Janisch Quintet as well as performing worldwide with the likes of Carlos Santana and Eric Clapton.
The quartet also comprises Phil Robson on guitar, organist Ross Stanley and drummer James Maddren.
You may also want to watch:
The evening at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.45pm and tickets are �11 online http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital