Patti Smith at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
LEGENDARY songwriter, musician and mother of punk Patti Smith comes to the Alban Arena next Saturday, August 10.
Listed among Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World as well as one of Rolling Stone magazine’s 100 Greatest Artists, Patti is a writer, artist and performer.
She was part of a highly influential New York City movement that went on to influence punk with her 1975 debut album Horses.
A resident of New York City, she has recorded 10 albums and written five books and her artwork has been exhibited worldwide. In 2005 she received the Commandeur de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres from the French Ministry of Culture.
In 2010, Patti won the National Book Award for her memoir Just Kids, in part about her relationship with the photographer Robert Mapplethorpe.
You may also want to watch:
Joining her on stage at the Arena will be band member Tony Shanahan for An Evening of Words and Music that gets underway at 8pm.
Tickets are £25, available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
n The Arena’s annual closure begins on Monday (5) until Sunday, August 18, with the theatre reopening on Monday, August 19. Tickets for forthcoming shows can still be booked from the box office from 10.30am to 3.30pm during the closure period or via the website.