Partying in Verulamium Park, St Albans
A SERIES of eclectic music gigs comes to a climax on Sunday at Verulamium Park in St Albans. The Music in the Parks 2009 season began in June and has included a Folk and Blues Day on Redbourn Common, an Under-18s Day at Clarence Park and a Jazz, Blues and
A SERIES of eclectic music gigs comes to a climax on Sunday at Verulamium Park in St Albans.
The Music in the Parks 2009 season began in June and has included a Folk and Blues Day on Redbourn Common, an Under-18s Day at Clarence Park and a Jazz, Blues and Latin Day at Rothamsted Park.
This weekend sees the season going out with a party, with Verulamium Park hosting The Little Chill, a collection of the city's best DJs, near the Inn on the Park caf�.
Beardo, a favourite at The Monday Club nights at The Horn in St Albans, will be playing his trademark blend of breakbeats and chilled Drum'N'Bass, while Fitter is the DJ behind St Albans' most popular indie-club nights.
You may also want to watch:
Completing the line-up are wAgA wAgA, who mixes up an experimental brew of jungle and dub, and Apply the Breaks, who simultaneously play four decks.
The gig runs from 1.30pm to 5pm and admission is free.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
See www.lemonrock.com/ musicintheparks or www.myspace.com/saasharts for details.