Partying in Verulamium Park, St Albans
A SERIES of eclectic music gigs comes to a climax on Sunday at Verulamium Park in St Albans. The Music in the Parks 2009 season began in June and has included a Folk and Blues Day on Redbourn Common, an Under-18s Day at Clarence Park and a Jazz, Blues and
A SERIES of eclectic music gigs comes to a climax on Sunday at Verulamium Park in St Albans.
The Music in the Parks 2009 season began in June and has included a Folk and Blues Day on Redbourn Common, an Under-18s Day at Clarence Park and a Jazz, Blues and Latin Day at Rothamsted Park.
This weekend sees the season going out with a party, with Verulamium Park hosting The Little Chill, a collection of the city's best DJs, near the Inn on the Park caf�.
Beardo, a favourite at The Monday Club nights at The Horn in St Albans, will be playing his trademark blend of breakbeats and chilled Drum'N'Bass, while Fitter is the DJ behind St Albans' most popular indie-club nights.
Completing the line-up are wAgA wAgA, who mixes up an experimental brew of jungle and dub, and Apply the Breaks, who simultaneously play four decks.
The gig runs from 1.30pm to 5pm and admission is free.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
See www.lemonrock.com/ musicintheparks or www.myspace.com/saasharts for details.