Partying in Verulamium Park, St Albans
A SERIES of eclectic music gigs comes to a climax on Sunday at Verulamium Park in St Albans. The Music in the Parks 2009 season began in June and has included a Folk and Blues Day on Redbourn Common, an Under-18s Day at Clarence Park and a Jazz, Blues and
A SERIES of eclectic music gigs comes to a climax on Sunday at Verulamium Park in St Albans.
The Music in the Parks 2009 season began in June and has included a Folk and Blues Day on Redbourn Common, an Under-18s Day at Clarence Park and a Jazz, Blues and Latin Day at Rothamsted Park.
This weekend sees the season going out with a party, with Verulamium Park hosting The Little Chill, a collection of the city's best DJs, near the Inn on the Park caf�.
Beardo, a favourite at The Monday Club nights at The Horn in St Albans, will be playing his trademark blend of breakbeats and chilled Drum'N'Bass, while Fitter is the DJ behind St Albans' most popular indie-club nights.
You may also want to watch:
Completing the line-up are wAgA wAgA, who mixes up an experimental brew of jungle and dub, and Apply the Breaks, who simultaneously play four decks.
The gig runs from 1.30pm to 5pm and admission is free.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
See www.lemonrock.com/ musicintheparks or www.myspace.com/saasharts for details.