Parrot proves a treasure for St Albans theatre company
SEAFARING parrot Captain Flint and Ben Gunn found themselves at different ends of the food and drink spectrum while rehearsing for Treasure Island at the Abbey Theatre. Captain Flint was off on his travels again for a quick noggin of grog and it was at th
SEAFARING parrot Captain Flint and Ben Gunn found themselves at different ends of the food and drink spectrum while rehearsing for Treasure Island at the Abbey Theatre.
Captain Flint was off on his travels again for a quick noggin of grog and it was at the Jolly Sailor pub that he perched and struck up a firm friendship with barmaid Kathryn.
Meanwhile Ben (Will Franklin), who had been marooned for years on Treasure Island, had made for St Albans market where he found himself surrounded - not by mounds of gold and silver but by cheese.
He made a beeline for Martin Knap's Cheesewheeler stall where he was rewarded with a huge piece of cheddar.
You may also want to watch:
The real story of both Captain Flint's and Ben's adventures can be discovered from next Wednesday until January 2 when the Company of Ten puts on Treasure Island at the theatre in Westminster Lodge.
Tickets, which include a special price of �5 for under-14s and a top price of �9.50 with concessions available, can be obtained by calling 01727 857861 or online at www.abbeytheatre.org.uk
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre