Park life at the Amble Inn, Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A SUMMER Festival in a Harpenden pub has attracted a number of local bands playing all different styles of music.
The Amble Inn in Station Road will host the festival, entitled Amble By The Park, from midday next Saturday and Sunday, July 20 and 21.
It will feature Said the Maiden, Nick and the Sun Machine, The Pirate Captains and The Zipheads among a line-up of nearly 20 solo artists, musicians and bands from the St Albans and Harpenden area.
MC for the weekend will be local singer/songwriter Nick Stevenson, who will be performing both with his band, The Sun Machine, and as a solo artist.
There is no strict music policy but the acts tend towards a traditional roots feel with acoustic, blues, folk, country and rock sounds.
You may also want to watch:
Amble by the Park is now in its third year and landlord Sheri Edwards and her team are hoping it will become a regular fixture on the local music scene.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall