Park life at the Amble Inn, Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
A SUMMER Festival in a Harpenden pub has attracted a number of local bands playing all different styles of music.
The Amble Inn in Station Road will host the festival, entitled Amble By The Park, from midday next Saturday and Sunday, July 20 and 21.
It will feature Said the Maiden, Nick and the Sun Machine, The Pirate Captains and The Zipheads among a line-up of nearly 20 solo artists, musicians and bands from the St Albans and Harpenden area.
MC for the weekend will be local singer/songwriter Nick Stevenson, who will be performing both with his band, The Sun Machine, and as a solo artist.
There is no strict music policy but the acts tend towards a traditional roots feel with acoustic, blues, folk, country and rock sounds.
You may also want to watch:
Amble by the Park is now in its third year and landlord Sheri Edwards and her team are hoping it will become a regular fixture on the local music scene.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development