Pappy’s brand new bag at St Albans comedy club
AWARD-winning comedy sketch trio Pappy’s are headlining Funny First Mondays in St Albans next week.
Formerly known as Pappy’s Fun Club, the threesome comprise Ben Clark, Matthew Crosby and Tom Parry and came to nationwide attention when they were nominated for the if.comedy award (formerly known as the Perrier) in 2008.
Since then they have filmed a half-hour Comedy Lab special for Channel Four and are regular contributors to BBC Switch with Annie Mac on BBC Radio One.
Pappy’s have toured the UK and Australia with their quick-fire sketches that are their trademark mixture of silliness and clever wordplay.
Joining Pappy’s at the club in St Albans Town Hall is stand-up comedian and actor Joel Dommett which has been a regular on the UK circuit since returning to this country from the States.
You may also want to watch:
He can also be seen on E4’s Skins and ITV’s Teenage Kicks as well as presenting BBC2’s Popatron.
Completing the line-up are FHM Comedy Hero finalist Henry Ginsberg, popular circuit stand-up Catie Wilkins and guest MC Mike Belgrave.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 8 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 9 When One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Police and Led Zep played Herts gigs
- 10 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
Tickets are �8, available in advance from www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk, by telephone from 01525 630153 or on the door on the night. The show starts at 8pm.