Pappy’s brand new bag at St Albans comedy club
AWARD-winning comedy sketch trio Pappy’s are headlining Funny First Mondays in St Albans next week.
Formerly known as Pappy’s Fun Club, the threesome comprise Ben Clark, Matthew Crosby and Tom Parry and came to nationwide attention when they were nominated for the if.comedy award (formerly known as the Perrier) in 2008.
Since then they have filmed a half-hour Comedy Lab special for Channel Four and are regular contributors to BBC Switch with Annie Mac on BBC Radio One.
Pappy’s have toured the UK and Australia with their quick-fire sketches that are their trademark mixture of silliness and clever wordplay.
Joining Pappy’s at the club in St Albans Town Hall is stand-up comedian and actor Joel Dommett which has been a regular on the UK circuit since returning to this country from the States.
He can also be seen on E4’s Skins and ITV’s Teenage Kicks as well as presenting BBC2’s Popatron.
Completing the line-up are FHM Comedy Hero finalist Henry Ginsberg, popular circuit stand-up Catie Wilkins and guest MC Mike Belgrave.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard as garages catch fire in village near St Albans
- 3 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 4 Man breaks ankle during 'assault' in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 7 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 8 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 9 Kaiser Chiefs to perform extra show at Pub in the Park 2022 in St Albans
- 10 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
Tickets are �8, available in advance from www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk, by telephone from 01525 630153 or on the door on the night. The show starts at 8pm.