Pam Ayres set for Alban Arena show in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Writer, broadcaster, presenter and poet Pam Ayres is coming to St Albans.
The entertainer and national treasure will be appearing at The Alban Arena on Saturday, June 24.
Pam Ayres has been making the nation laugh for over 40 years.
With work that is both funny and approachable, her hair-trigger timing, and eye for the detail of everyday life – and the absurdity therein – makes for hilarious night out.
She is one of the very few authors who have had books in the Sunday Times bestseller charts in almost every decade since the 1970s, and at age 69, the English humourist remains just as popular as ever.
You may also want to watch:
Recent radio broadcasts include Just A Minute, Loose Ends, and five of her own series of Ayres On The Air for Radio 4.
On TV, she has also appeared on The Paul O’Grady and Alan Titchmarsh shows, The TV That Made Me, Countdown, and The One Show.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
After her appearance at the 2015 Hay Festival, a reviewer wrote: “Pam Ayres’ session was one of my highlights of the Hay Festival this year because I laughed so hard that my stomach ached for hours afterwards, and it is wonderful to witness a true craftswoman practice her art.
Tickets cost £22 and the show starts at 7.30pm.
• Call the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk