Pam Ayres set for Alban Arena show in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Writer, broadcaster, presenter and poet Pam Ayres is coming to St Albans.
The entertainer and national treasure will be appearing at The Alban Arena on Saturday, June 24.
Pam Ayres has been making the nation laugh for over 40 years.
With work that is both funny and approachable, her hair-trigger timing, and eye for the detail of everyday life – and the absurdity therein – makes for hilarious night out.
She is one of the very few authors who have had books in the Sunday Times bestseller charts in almost every decade since the 1970s, and at age 69, the English humourist remains just as popular as ever.
You may also want to watch:
Recent radio broadcasts include Just A Minute, Loose Ends, and five of her own series of Ayres On The Air for Radio 4.
On TV, she has also appeared on The Paul O’Grady and Alan Titchmarsh shows, The TV That Made Me, Countdown, and The One Show.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
After her appearance at the 2015 Hay Festival, a reviewer wrote: “Pam Ayres’ session was one of my highlights of the Hay Festival this year because I laughed so hard that my stomach ached for hours afterwards, and it is wonderful to witness a true craftswoman practice her art.
Tickets cost £22 and the show starts at 7.30pm.
• Call the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk