Painting the town blue on St Albans pub tour
GEARING up for the Bank Holiday music fest in St Albans next weekend are Dr Shades Blues Band. They start their weekend off with an appearance at The Portland Arms in Portland Street on Saturday night. Bank Holiday Monday sees them at The White Lion in S
GEARING up for the Bank Holiday music fest in St Albans next weekend are Dr Shades Blues Band.
They start their weekend off with an appearance at The Portland Arms in Portland Street on Saturday night.
Bank Holiday Monday sees them at The White Lion in Sopwell Lane as part of the charity beer festival and barbecue.
They are booked on for an hour from 6pm but that is a movable feast as every muso in the city will be playing the Lion or the White Hart Tap for the annual charity bash.
Formed out of the audience to the Shades of Blues club at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans, Dr Shades Blues Band are a six piece rhythm'n'blues band, fronted by female vocalist, Chris Lord and supported by an experienced band of local musicians.
They play a wide range of blues influenced music, ranging from well known classics by BB King to Eric Clapton, Howlin' Wolf and Etta James and some more not so well songs.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 4 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 7 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
Admission to both gigs is free.