Painting the town blue on St Albans pub tour
GEARING up for the Bank Holiday music fest in St Albans next weekend are Dr Shades Blues Band. They start their weekend off with an appearance at The Portland Arms in Portland Street on Saturday night. Bank Holiday Monday sees them at The White Lion in S
GEARING up for the Bank Holiday music fest in St Albans next weekend are Dr Shades Blues Band.
They start their weekend off with an appearance at The Portland Arms in Portland Street on Saturday night.
Bank Holiday Monday sees them at The White Lion in Sopwell Lane as part of the charity beer festival and barbecue.
They are booked on for an hour from 6pm but that is a movable feast as every muso in the city will be playing the Lion or the White Hart Tap for the annual charity bash.
You may also want to watch:
Formed out of the audience to the Shades of Blues club at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans, Dr Shades Blues Band are a six piece rhythm'n'blues band, fronted by female vocalist, Chris Lord and supported by an experienced band of local musicians.
They play a wide range of blues influenced music, ranging from well known classics by BB King to Eric Clapton, Howlin' Wolf and Etta James and some more not so well songs.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans
Admission to both gigs is free.