Painting the town blue on St Albans pub tour
GEARING up for the Bank Holiday music fest in St Albans next weekend are Dr Shades Blues Band. They start their weekend off with an appearance at The Portland Arms in Portland Street on Saturday night. Bank Holiday Monday sees them at The White Lion in S
GEARING up for the Bank Holiday music fest in St Albans next weekend are Dr Shades Blues Band.
They start their weekend off with an appearance at The Portland Arms in Portland Street on Saturday night.
Bank Holiday Monday sees them at The White Lion in Sopwell Lane as part of the charity beer festival and barbecue.
They are booked on for an hour from 6pm but that is a movable feast as every muso in the city will be playing the Lion or the White Hart Tap for the annual charity bash.
You may also want to watch:
Formed out of the audience to the Shades of Blues club at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans, Dr Shades Blues Band are a six piece rhythm'n'blues band, fronted by female vocalist, Chris Lord and supported by an experienced band of local musicians.
They play a wide range of blues influenced music, ranging from well known classics by BB King to Eric Clapton, Howlin' Wolf and Etta James and some more not so well songs.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Admission to both gigs is free.