OVO’s Food of Love at the Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
OVO’s first season at the helm of the Maltings Arts Centre in St Albans will end as it began with a musical flourish.
The popular Food of Love, OVO’s house band, will be performing jazz classics and seasonal songs tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday night at the theatre.
The six piece band and eight singers will be performing a programme ranging from Christmas favourites to smooth standards including such songs as Let It Snow, Jingle Bell Jog and Georgia On My Mind. Mulled wine and mince pies will be served at the same time.
Musical director, Ed White, commented: “The Food of Love band is a fantastic antidote to the daily doom and gloom. The show has been a sell-out for the last two years and we’re looking forward to filling the theatre with the sound of music before the Christmas break.”
Programming director, Imogen de la Bere added: “It has been an amazing few months delivering our first offering at the Maltings Arts Theatre. Although there are no shows over Christmas booking will open for the January to March season which will include international touring theatre, regular folk and comedy slots as well as the best in local talent. 2012 will be a very exciting year for the theatre!”
You may also want to watch:
Food of Love at Christmas will be performed at 8pm each night. Tickets priced at �12.50/�7.50 are available from www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo on 07807 521436 or in person at St Albans Tourist and Information Centre.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind