Otiz Canneloni heads FUnny First Mondays at Waterend Barn, St Albans
THE illusion of magic and the warped logic of a stand-up come together in Otiz Cannelloni who headlines Funny First Mondays comedy club next week.
His performance fluctuates between comic genius and downright stupidity, leading to him being described as a “master of mirth and minimalist magic”.
Joining him on Monday (August 1) at the longest-running comedy club in the city which is held at the Waterend Barn is Matthew Osborn who won the So You Think You’re Funny award at Edinburgh in 2002 before taking the Chortle Best Newcomer title the following year.
He went on to tour the UK and further afield in Europe, supporting Harry Hill and Al Murray, before taking a break to concentrate on writing. He returned to the stand-up scene in 2007 and was named Ha Ha Comedy’s English Comedian of the Year 2009.
Completing the line-up are Herts comics Simon Bolton and Cheryl Byrne.
You may also want to watch:
The show begins at 8pm and tickets are �8 via the website www.funnyfirstmondays.co.uk or on the door on the night.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans