Organist leads recital at St Albans church
- Credit: Archant
Local organist Birgitta Birchall will be giving the lunchtime recital in a city centre church next Tuesday, July 19.
She will be playing at Marlborough Road Methodist Church from 12.30pm in a series of recitals organised by the New School of Organ Studies.
Birgitta, organist at Dagnall Street Baptist Church in St Albans, studied music at Gothenburg University and Conservatoire and was active as a teacher, organist, choir leader and music director in the Gothenburg region until she came to the UK in 1986.
After many years teaching in schools she now pursues a freelance career - tutoring, performing and examining - as well as working as lead teacher and moderator for Herts Music Service.
Admission to the recital is free, with a retiring collection in aid of the New School of Organ Studies and the church.
You may also want to watch:
For further details, contact 01727 865979 or email email@example.com.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant