Organist leads recital at St Albans church
- Credit: Archant
Local organist Birgitta Birchall will be giving the lunchtime recital in a city centre church next Tuesday, July 19.
She will be playing at Marlborough Road Methodist Church from 12.30pm in a series of recitals organised by the New School of Organ Studies.
Birgitta, organist at Dagnall Street Baptist Church in St Albans, studied music at Gothenburg University and Conservatoire and was active as a teacher, organist, choir leader and music director in the Gothenburg region until she came to the UK in 1986.
After many years teaching in schools she now pursues a freelance career - tutoring, performing and examining - as well as working as lead teacher and moderator for Herts Music Service.
Admission to the recital is free, with a retiring collection in aid of the New School of Organ Studies and the church.
You may also want to watch:
For further details, contact 01727 865979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly