Organist Gerard Brooks at St Albans Cathedral
THE CONCLUDING recital in the International Organ Festival Society’s 2011-2012 series of concerts will be given by Gerard Brooks next Saturday (May 26) at St Albans Cathedral.
The programme he has chosen celebrates anniversaries of French composers in 2012 and will include music by Bo�llmann, Ibert and Debussy.
Gerard is a concert organist, teacher and examiner of wide experience. He was organ scholar at Lincoln College, Oxford, and studied with Daniel Roth in France at Strasbourg Conservatoire – as well as Susi Jeans and Nicolas Kynaston.
Described as one of the leading performers and writers on French organ music, Gerard is also director of music at Methodist Central Hall in Westminster and an organ professor at the Royal Academy of Music.
His recordings include the complete works of Eug�ne Gigout played on historic organs in France. He is currently recording the complete organ music of Saint-Sa�ns.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance to the concert, which starts at 5.30pm, is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society. The first concert of the 2012-2013 series is on Saturday, September 15. Full details will be available at organfestival.com
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart