Organist Alex Flood to play at Ahsridge chapel
- Credit: Archant
LOCAL organist Alex Flood is the recitalist on Saturday (22) afternoon in the Chapel at Ashridge near Berkhamsted.
Alex is assistant director of music and organist at St Peter’s Church, St Albans, where he plays on the three-manual instrument built by Mander Organs and installed a few years ago.
He was previously organ scholar at St Albans Cathedral and Jesus College, Oxford.
Equally at home on piano and harpsichord, he regularly accompanies rehearsals and conducts choirs of all sizes and ages.
Alex is also a talented composer having been awarded a distinction in the MMus degree of King’s College, London, where he continued his studies with a PhD in composition.
You may also want to watch:
His programme on Saturday on the historic organ in the Chapel includes early English music and works by J.S. Bach, C.P.E. Bach and d’Anglebert.
The recital is free and is being put on by the New School of Organ Studies, a registered charity, and there will be a retiring collection in aid of the school.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
Weather permitting, the gardens at Ashridge will be open in the afternoon and refreshments will be available after the recital. For further details, phone (01442) 871565 or (01582) 715681.