Organist Alex Flood to play at Ahsridge chapel
- Credit: Archant
LOCAL organist Alex Flood is the recitalist on Saturday (22) afternoon in the Chapel at Ashridge near Berkhamsted.
Alex is assistant director of music and organist at St Peter’s Church, St Albans, where he plays on the three-manual instrument built by Mander Organs and installed a few years ago.
He was previously organ scholar at St Albans Cathedral and Jesus College, Oxford.
Equally at home on piano and harpsichord, he regularly accompanies rehearsals and conducts choirs of all sizes and ages.
Alex is also a talented composer having been awarded a distinction in the MMus degree of King’s College, London, where he continued his studies with a PhD in composition.
You may also want to watch:
His programme on Saturday on the historic organ in the Chapel includes early English music and works by J.S. Bach, C.P.E. Bach and d’Anglebert.
The recital is free and is being put on by the New School of Organ Studies, a registered charity, and there will be a retiring collection in aid of the school.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
Weather permitting, the gardens at Ashridge will be open in the afternoon and refreshments will be available after the recital. For further details, phone (01442) 871565 or (01582) 715681.