Organist Alex Flood to play at Ahsridge chapel
- Credit: Archant
LOCAL organist Alex Flood is the recitalist on Saturday (22) afternoon in the Chapel at Ashridge near Berkhamsted.
Alex is assistant director of music and organist at St Peter’s Church, St Albans, where he plays on the three-manual instrument built by Mander Organs and installed a few years ago.
He was previously organ scholar at St Albans Cathedral and Jesus College, Oxford.
Equally at home on piano and harpsichord, he regularly accompanies rehearsals and conducts choirs of all sizes and ages.
Alex is also a talented composer having been awarded a distinction in the MMus degree of King’s College, London, where he continued his studies with a PhD in composition.
His programme on Saturday on the historic organ in the Chapel includes early English music and works by J.S. Bach, C.P.E. Bach and d’Anglebert.
The recital is free and is being put on by the New School of Organ Studies, a registered charity, and there will be a retiring collection in aid of the school.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
Weather permitting, the gardens at Ashridge will be open in the afternoon and refreshments will be available after the recital. For further details, phone (01442) 871565 or (01582) 715681.