Organ recital at St Saviour’s Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
MATTHEW Martin, organist of the London Oratory, will be giving the next recital in a current series.
It will be held at 5.30pm next Saturday, March 23, at St Saviour’s Church in St Albans as part of the International Organ Festival Society’s 2012-2013 concert series.
Matthew followed an organ scholarship at Magdalen College, Oxford, with postgraduate work at the Royal Academy of Music, London, where he won major performance prizes.
From 2001-2004 he continued his studies with the late Marie-Claire Alain in Paris. He has held organist positions at New College, Oxford, Canterbury Cathedral and Westminster Cathedral.
As a recitalist, he has given concerts both in the UK, including at the Cheltenham, Spitalfields and South Bank festivals, and as far afield as Japan and Australia.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew’s career as a composer is rapidly gaining him an international reputation and he is frequently commissioned to write music for leading choirs, ensembles and festivals.
The programme he has chosen for the recital includes music by J S Bach, Byrd, Buxtehude, de Grigny and Bruhns.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Charity founder cancels Channel swim after suffering long Covid
Entrance to the recital is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society.
Full details of all the concerts in the 2012-2013 series can be found at www.organfestival.com