Organ recital at St Peter’s Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Organ soloist, composer and author, Eric Lebrun, is giving a recital in St Albans next Saturday, March 22.
He is giving the next recital in the St Albans International Organ Festival series at 5.30pm in St Peter’s Church.
After studying at, and graduating with distinction from, the Paris Conservatoire, Eric Lebrun became organist of the church of Saint Antoine des Quinze-Vingts in Paris. Since his appointment there in 1990 he has recorded on the great Cavaille-Coll organ the complete works of many renowned French composers including Duruflé, Jehan Alain and Franck.
He is currently organ professor at a number of conservatoires in France, the Netherlands, Sweden and Germany.
His repertoire includes many contemporary works, and a number of composers have written for him, including Valéry Aubertin whose music will be performed in this concert. The programme will also include music by Buxtehude, Boëly, Vierne, Alain, Litaize and Lebrun.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance to the recital is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society. After the recital the audience will have the opportunity to meet the soloist at a reception in the Octagon at St Peter’s.
Full details of all the concerts in the 2013-2014 series can be found at www.organfestival.com
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans