Organ recital at St Albans church
GIFTED young local organist Robert Dixon will be giving the lunchtime recital at a St Albans church next Tuesday, August 17.
The latest in the series organised by the New School of Organ Studies, the recital begins at 12.30pm at Marlborough Road Methodist Church where Robert has selected a programme which includes works by J.S.Bach, Mendelssohn, Howells and Judith Bingham.
Robert lives in Chiswell Green but for the past year, he has been Organ Scholar at Gloucester Cathedral where he is currently participating in the Three Choirs Festival.
Before that he was Organ Scholar at Oundle School, Northamptonshire, where he studied with James Parsons. In October he is due to take up a position as Organ Scholar at Jesus College, Cambridge, where he will read theology.
Robert already holds the Associate Diploma of the Royal College of Organists and has been working towards the Fellowship Diploma.
You may also want to watch:
Light lunches are available at the church around the time of the recital and admission is free with a retiring colelction in aid of the New School of Organ Studies and the church. Further details can be obtained by clling 01727 865979 or email email@example.com
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans