Organ professor’s St Albans Abbey concert
GOLD medallist and professor of organ Stefan Engels is putting on the next concert in the International Organ Festival Society’s concert series in St Albans.
He will be performing at 5.30pm next Saturday, February 26, in St Albans Abbey.
Stefan won the Concerto Gold Medal at the 1998 Calgary International Organ Competition and is now professor of organ at the University of Music and Theatre and artistic director of the European Organ Academy, both in Leipzig, and also artistic director of the Jordan International Organ Competition based in Columbus, Georgia.
His teaching and recital engagements take him worldwide and he has recorded several CDs to great acclaim.
Stefan is an advocate and specialist on the music of Sigfrid Karg-Elert and has made the world premiere recording of the complete organ works.
You may also want to watch:
In the St Albans concert he will be playing the Symphonischer Choral by Karg-Elert as well as music by JS Bach and Mendelssohn.
Entrance to the concert is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site