Organ professor’s St Albans Abbey concert
GOLD medallist and professor of organ Stefan Engels is putting on the next concert in the International Organ Festival Society’s concert series in St Albans.
He will be performing at 5.30pm next Saturday, February 26, in St Albans Abbey.
Stefan won the Concerto Gold Medal at the 1998 Calgary International Organ Competition and is now professor of organ at the University of Music and Theatre and artistic director of the European Organ Academy, both in Leipzig, and also artistic director of the Jordan International Organ Competition based in Columbus, Georgia.
His teaching and recital engagements take him worldwide and he has recorded several CDs to great acclaim.
Stefan is an advocate and specialist on the music of Sigfrid Karg-Elert and has made the world premiere recording of the complete organ works.
You may also want to watch:
In the St Albans concert he will be playing the Symphonischer Choral by Karg-Elert as well as music by JS Bach and Mendelssohn.
Entrance to the concert is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans