Organ concert at Marlborough Road Methodist Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
LOCAL organist Linden Innes-Hopkins will be giving the next recital in a lunchtime series at a St Albans city centre church on Tuesday, May 7.
Linden studied at the Royal College of Music in London where she was awarded several prizes for organ performance and in 1977 gained her Fellowship of the Royal College of Organists
In 2008, following a two-year course, Linden was awarded the postgraduate diploma in Music Teaching in Professional Practice from the University of Reading with Distinction.
Her varied career has included choral accompanying, choir training, both class and private tuition, composition, and recorder teaching.
In 2003, Linden performed all of The Eighteen Chorale Preludes by J.S. Bach over three recitals in St Albans Cathedral to great acclaim.
You may also want to watch:
Her programme at Marlborough Road Methodist Church on Tuesday includes works by J.S. Bach, Charles-Marie Widor and Alexandre Guilmant.
The recital is organised by the New School of Organ Studies and begins at 12.30pm with light refreshments available before and afterwards.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
Admission is free, with a retiring collection in aid of the New School and the church. Further details can be obtained by calling 01727 865979 or e.mail <firstname.lastname@example.org>.