Organ concert at Marlborough Road Methodist Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
LOCAL organist Linden Innes-Hopkins will be giving the next recital in a lunchtime series at a St Albans city centre church on Tuesday, May 7.
Linden studied at the Royal College of Music in London where she was awarded several prizes for organ performance and in 1977 gained her Fellowship of the Royal College of Organists
In 2008, following a two-year course, Linden was awarded the postgraduate diploma in Music Teaching in Professional Practice from the University of Reading with Distinction.
Her varied career has included choral accompanying, choir training, both class and private tuition, composition, and recorder teaching.
In 2003, Linden performed all of The Eighteen Chorale Preludes by J.S. Bach over three recitals in St Albans Cathedral to great acclaim.
Her programme at Marlborough Road Methodist Church on Tuesday includes works by J.S. Bach, Charles-Marie Widor and Alexandre Guilmant.
The recital is organised by the New School of Organ Studies and begins at 12.30pm with light refreshments available before and afterwards.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 5 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 6 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 7 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 8 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 9 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
Admission is free, with a retiring collection in aid of the New School and the church. Further details can be obtained by calling 01727 865979 or e.mail <email@example.com>.