Organ concert at Marlborough Road Methodist Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
LOCAL organist Linden Innes-Hopkins will be giving the next recital in a lunchtime series at a St Albans city centre church on Tuesday, May 7.
Linden studied at the Royal College of Music in London where she was awarded several prizes for organ performance and in 1977 gained her Fellowship of the Royal College of Organists
In 2008, following a two-year course, Linden was awarded the postgraduate diploma in Music Teaching in Professional Practice from the University of Reading with Distinction.
Her varied career has included choral accompanying, choir training, both class and private tuition, composition, and recorder teaching.
In 2003, Linden performed all of The Eighteen Chorale Preludes by J.S. Bach over three recitals in St Albans Cathedral to great acclaim.
You may also want to watch:
Her programme at Marlborough Road Methodist Church on Tuesday includes works by J.S. Bach, Charles-Marie Widor and Alexandre Guilmant.
The recital is organised by the New School of Organ Studies and begins at 12.30pm with light refreshments available before and afterwards.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Admission is free, with a retiring collection in aid of the New School and the church. Further details can be obtained by calling 01727 865979 or e.mail <firstname.lastname@example.org>.