Organ concert at Marlborough Road Methodist Church, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
LOCAL organist Linden Innes-Hopkins will be giving the next recital in a lunchtime series at a St Albans city centre church on Tuesday, May 7.
Linden studied at the Royal College of Music in London where she was awarded several prizes for organ performance and in 1977 gained her Fellowship of the Royal College of Organists
In 2008, following a two-year course, Linden was awarded the postgraduate diploma in Music Teaching in Professional Practice from the University of Reading with Distinction.
Her varied career has included choral accompanying, choir training, both class and private tuition, composition, and recorder teaching.
In 2003, Linden performed all of The Eighteen Chorale Preludes by J.S. Bach over three recitals in St Albans Cathedral to great acclaim.
Her programme at Marlborough Road Methodist Church on Tuesday includes works by J.S. Bach, Charles-Marie Widor and Alexandre Guilmant.
The recital is organised by the New School of Organ Studies and begins at 12.30pm with light refreshments available before and afterwards.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
Admission is free, with a retiring collection in aid of the New School and the church. Further details can be obtained by calling 01727 865979 or e.mail <firstname.lastname@example.org>.