Opera to raise the roof at St Albans Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Verdi’s famous opera, La Traviata, is being performed at the Alban Arena next Thursday, September 24.
It is being staged by The Russian State Ballet and Opera House and Verdi’s music will be sung in Italian with English subtitles.
A haunting and tragic love story, the opera tells the tale of Violetta, a beautiful high-society courtesan who sacrifices everything for the man she loves.
La Traviata, one of the most popular operas of all time, is set amongst the splendour and gaiety of mid-19th century Paris and contains some of Verdi’s most memorable music.
Producer Alexej Ignatow, of Amande Concerts, who has co-ordinated the UK tour of La Traviata, said: “Opera is sometimes seen as being out of reach but these performances will bring world-class opera talent to local audiences in a way that makes opera more accessible than ever.”
The performance, which includes a live orchestra, starts at 7.30pm and tickets at £31 with concessions £2 off are available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or click here.
You may also want to watch:
A performance by The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain to celebrate their 30th anniversary next Wednesday, September 23, at the Alban Arena has sold out.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor