Opera to raise the roof at St Albans Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
Verdi’s famous opera, La Traviata, is being performed at the Alban Arena next Thursday, September 24.
It is being staged by The Russian State Ballet and Opera House and Verdi’s music will be sung in Italian with English subtitles.
A haunting and tragic love story, the opera tells the tale of Violetta, a beautiful high-society courtesan who sacrifices everything for the man she loves.
La Traviata, one of the most popular operas of all time, is set amongst the splendour and gaiety of mid-19th century Paris and contains some of Verdi’s most memorable music.
Producer Alexej Ignatow, of Amande Concerts, who has co-ordinated the UK tour of La Traviata, said: “Opera is sometimes seen as being out of reach but these performances will bring world-class opera talent to local audiences in a way that makes opera more accessible than ever.”
The performance, which includes a live orchestra, starts at 7.30pm and tickets at £31 with concessions £2 off are available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or click here.
You may also want to watch:
A performance by The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain to celebrate their 30th anniversary next Wednesday, September 23, at the Alban Arena has sold out.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets