Opera company calls on St Albans schoolboy for Arena show
- Credit: Archant
Young Louis Chew has a chance to fly high when he appears in tragic opera Madam Butterfly at the Alban Arena next Saturday, February 20.
The Maple JMI pupil is appearing in the Russian State Opera performance of the Puccini opera which gets underway at 7.30pm.
The seven-year-old St Albans schoolboy, who is taking the part of Madam Butterfly’s son in the opera, has belonged to Stagecoach Theatre Arts School for more than three years and is particularly keen on singing and drama.
He has taken part in many productions at school, often in the leading role.
Madam Butterfly will be sung in Italian with English subtitles and accompanied by a live orchestra with over 30 musicians.
You may also want to watch:
Set in Japan at the turn of the century, it is among the most colourful and exotic of all operas.
It tells the story of a doomed love affair between an American naval officer and his young Japanese bride, whose self-sacrifice and defiance of her family leads to heartbreak and tragedy.
Tickets for Madam Butterfly are £31 with concessions £2 off, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844888 or online.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Check in to the Supper Club for something different