Opera company calls on St Albans schoolboy for Arena show
- Credit: Archant
Young Louis Chew has a chance to fly high when he appears in tragic opera Madam Butterfly at the Alban Arena next Saturday, February 20.
The Maple JMI pupil is appearing in the Russian State Opera performance of the Puccini opera which gets underway at 7.30pm.
The seven-year-old St Albans schoolboy, who is taking the part of Madam Butterfly’s son in the opera, has belonged to Stagecoach Theatre Arts School for more than three years and is particularly keen on singing and drama.
He has taken part in many productions at school, often in the leading role.
Madam Butterfly will be sung in Italian with English subtitles and accompanied by a live orchestra with over 30 musicians.
You may also want to watch:
Set in Japan at the turn of the century, it is among the most colourful and exotic of all operas.
It tells the story of a doomed love affair between an American naval officer and his young Japanese bride, whose self-sacrifice and defiance of her family leads to heartbreak and tragedy.
Tickets for Madam Butterfly are £31 with concessions £2 off, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844888 or online.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 7 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success