Olivier awards success for St Albans siblings
- Credit: Archant
Siblings Fin and Asha Banks know all about acting awards – even though neither is a teenager yet.
Fin, 12, who is a student at Verulam School in St Albans, performed at The Olivier Awards at The Royal Opera House with the cast of The Sound of Music – a show he was a part of at Regents Park Open Air Theatre in the summer.
The show was nominated for an award and Fin joined the cast to give a special performance of Do Re Mi in front of acting royalty including Dame Judi Dench, James McAvoy, Tom Hiddleston and Gemma Arterton.
Asha, 10, is currently appearing in a play that was also nominated for an Olivier Award this year. 1984 was put forward for best new play and transferred to the Playhouse Theatre in London’s West End on Monday.
Asha, who is a pupil at the Abbey primary school, is going to its new location with the play and will be appearing for the next three months.
You may also want to watch:
Fin is currently playing a young Simon Cowell in Harry Hill’s musical I Can’t Sing at the Palladium.
The children’s agent Warren Bacci from Top Talent Agency said: “Fin and Asha have made everyone at the agency in St Albans very proud by both being in the West End at the same time and by both performing in Olivier-nominated shows. But to actually perform at the Olivier Awards is an incredible honour and something only a tiny percentage of very successful actors get to do in the whole of their careers.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans