Old time fun for Radlett Festival
A MAGICAL musical evening with a hint of Old Time Music Hall will be one of the highlights of this weekend’s Radlett Festival.
To be held at Phillimore Recreation Ground in Gills Hill on Saturday, the gates will open at 5.30pm for picnickers with the music starting at 6.30pm and continuing until around 9.30pm.
The performers include local award-winning ladies barbershop quartet NoteOrious, the St Albans Brass Band, a young people’s choir from Radlett’s new twin town Dunaharaszti in Hungary and Dhol Drums from a school in Stanmore.
The compere will be Ian Sutherland and stage manager Philip Eastburn, both of Radlett Players, and as well as a French food outlet and a licensed bar, there will be a raffle with prizes ranging from lunch for four people aboard a luxury trip and a �1,000 cruise voucher.
Tickets for the concert cost �8 per person with under-16s free and they can be obtained from the Aldenham Parish Council offices and Aitchison’s estate agents.
You may also want to watch:
The concert will be followed by the Village Fair from midday to 4.30pm on Sunday with acts including the MAD Mountain Bike Display Team and Ian Scott, a Tom Jones tribute artist.
There will also be a dog show, a soapbox derby and Bungeefly trampolines as well as the Scouts’ climbing palm tree, the Hare Krishna ox cart ride and a funfair.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Entry programmes are available at �2.50 in advance from the parish council offices, Aitchison’s, Medivet and Beaver Travel and they will be �3 on the day.