Old time fun for Radlett Festival
A MAGICAL musical evening with a hint of Old Time Music Hall will be one of the highlights of this weekend’s Radlett Festival.
To be held at Phillimore Recreation Ground in Gills Hill on Saturday, the gates will open at 5.30pm for picnickers with the music starting at 6.30pm and continuing until around 9.30pm.
The performers include local award-winning ladies barbershop quartet NoteOrious, the St Albans Brass Band, a young people’s choir from Radlett’s new twin town Dunaharaszti in Hungary and Dhol Drums from a school in Stanmore.
The compere will be Ian Sutherland and stage manager Philip Eastburn, both of Radlett Players, and as well as a French food outlet and a licensed bar, there will be a raffle with prizes ranging from lunch for four people aboard a luxury trip and a �1,000 cruise voucher.
Tickets for the concert cost �8 per person with under-16s free and they can be obtained from the Aldenham Parish Council offices and Aitchison’s estate agents.
You may also want to watch:
The concert will be followed by the Village Fair from midday to 4.30pm on Sunday with acts including the MAD Mountain Bike Display Team and Ian Scott, a Tom Jones tribute artist.
There will also be a dog show, a soapbox derby and Bungeefly trampolines as well as the Scouts’ climbing palm tree, the Hare Krishna ox cart ride and a funfair.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Entry programmes are available at �2.50 in advance from the parish council offices, Aitchison’s, Medivet and Beaver Travel and they will be �3 on the day.