Oh What a Lovely War for Kimpton Players
- Credit: Archant
With the centenary of World War One next year, a village drama group is taking the opportunity to put on the popular show Oh What a Lovely War.
It is being performed by the Kimpton Players from next Thursday, November 7, to Saturday, November 9, in memory of the fallen men of the village during the 1914-18 war.
Producer Debbie Roberts said: “Rehearsals have been both educational and entertaining but most of all it reminds us of just how futile war is.”
The show spans historical events from before and during the war, combining well-known songs of the era together with satirical sketches highlighting the inept leadership of the time whilst sensitively portraying the horrors of life faced by men in the trenches.
The show begins at 8pm at Kimpton Memorial Hall and tickets at £8 for adults and £5 for students are available from the box office on 01438 832 237, The Boot Pub or The Corner Stores, Kimpton.
You may also want to watch:
More information on The Kimpton Players can be found at www.thekimptonplayers.co.uk
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works