NY Standards Quartet at Herts Jazz Club
NY Standards Quartet are playing the Herts Jazz Club next Friday evening, April 13.
Spearheaded by saxophonist Tim Armacost, the NY Standards Quartet came together in 2006. Its members, four New York jazz musicians, play together in a variety of settings including in some of the top bands in New York.
The quartet strives to develop its own language by radically reinterpreting great songs in the tradition of the standard jazz repertoire.
Drummer Gene “Action” Jackson has played with pretty much all jazz royalty in the States including seven years with Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter and Dave Holland.
He is joined by saxophonist Tim, pianist Dave Berkman and bassist Michael Janisch. Gene Jackson is on drums for the gig.
The evening at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.45pm and tickets are �13 online at http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �16 on the door and �5 for students and under-21s.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown