NY Standards Quartet at Herts Jazz Club
NY Standards Quartet are playing the Herts Jazz Club next Friday evening, April 13.
Spearheaded by saxophonist Tim Armacost, the NY Standards Quartet came together in 2006. Its members, four New York jazz musicians, play together in a variety of settings including in some of the top bands in New York.
The quartet strives to develop its own language by radically reinterpreting great songs in the tradition of the standard jazz repertoire.
Drummer Gene “Action” Jackson has played with pretty much all jazz royalty in the States including seven years with Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter and Dave Holland.
He is joined by saxophonist Tim, pianist Dave Berkman and bassist Michael Janisch. Gene Jackson is on drums for the gig.
You may also want to watch:
The evening at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.45pm and tickets are �13 online at http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �16 on the door and �5 for students and under-21s.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 9 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 10 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses