Nothing moody about Alban Arena line-up
- Credit: Archant
Moody Blues legend Justin Hayward performs songs from his new album as well as old favourites when he comes to the Alban Arena next Tuesday, September 20.
He is known principally as the vocalist, lead guitarist and composer for the Moody Blues who have, over the last 45 years, sold 55 million albums and received numerous awards.
Commercial success has gone hand in hand with critical acclaim and Justin and the Moody Blues appear on the Rock Walk Hall of Fame on Sunset Boulevard.
The show, which begins at 7.30pm with support provided by Mike Hawes, will include songs from Justin’s album Spirits of the Western Sky and Moodies favourites in an acoustic “songwriter” format.
Tickets are £36, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online.
Gary Mullen and The Works perform One Night of Queen at the Arena next Friday, September 23.
In 2000, Gary won ITV’s Stars In Their Eyes’ live grand final, with the largest number of votes ever received in the show’s history.
He began touring on his own and in 2002 formed a band, The Works, to pay tribute to rock legends Queen, since performing around the world as well as twice at the BBC Proms in the Park.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 9 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
The show begins at 7.30pm and tickets are £20 and £18.
Party night is promised when Jocelyn Brown arrives at the Arena with some of her friends next Saturday, September 24.
The R’n’B singer and her band will be preceded by reggae crew Aswad and Donovan Blackwood, the lead singer of Heatwave.
The show begins at 7.30pm and tickets are £26.50 seated and £25 standing.